Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby!

My best boy is one year old today - how did that happen?


How did I go from wanting a baby, to losing babies, to struggling to conceive a baby, to paying a fortune and taking stupid amounts of medication to try to have/keep a baby, to nearly giving up on ever having a baby, to finally having a baby, to having toddler? However it happened, I am eternally grateful. I NEVER take it for granted. When it's hard going, I always remember that there are women out there who would give anything to be cleaning up baby vomit, getting woken at 3am or changing the pooey nappy of a screaming, wriggling boy. It's easy to remember, because one of those women used to be me.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! He looks so big - not like a baby anymore. I hope it was a great 1st birthday party!